Are you looking for a way how to store icicle lights? After using them during the holiday season, you want to ensure that when it’s time to put up decorations next year, your icicle lights are still in great condition. Follow these steps, and you’ll be ready for the holidays!
Icicle lights are a great way to add a festive flair to decor during the winter season. However, if they’re not stored correctly, it can be hard to get them back up for the next holiday season – and who wants that? To ensure your icicle light display is picture-perfect every year, there are some easy steps you need to follow when packing away these sparkly strands of joy come January.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the best ways to store Icicle Lights so they stay safe and in good condition until you’re ready to take them out again next year!
What Will You Need?
Before you start packing away your icicle lights, you’ll need to make sure that you have the right materials. You’ll need the followings:
- Icicle lights
- Cardboard boxes (large enough to fit the lights)
- Newspaper or bubble wrap for padding
Now, let’s take it step by step.
10 Easy Steps on How to Store Icicle Lights
Step 1: Prepare the Lights
The first step is to ensure all of your icicle lights are working properly before storing them away. Turn on each string of lights to check for any broken bulbs or connections. If anything isn’t working correctly, replace the bulb or make adjustments as necessary before proceeding with storage.
Step 2: Cut & Tie Strands Together
Once all your strings are in good condition, it’s time to group them into manageable sections. Cut the lights into shorter strands (no longer than 15 feet) and tie each group together with twine. This step will make storing them away neatly in cardboard boxes easier.
Step 3: Wrap Them in Padding
Next, wrap your icicle light strings in newspaper or bubble wrap for protection. Ensure that each strand is wrapped tightly but not too tight, as this can damage the wires on the string of lights. If necessary, use tape to secure the padding in place.
Step 4: Fill Boxes & Securely Tape Shut
Once your icicle light strands are securely wrapped, place them in cardboard boxes and tape them shut. This will help protect the lights from dust and debris while in storage. You can also label the boxes with their contents – this will help you easily find what you need when setting up your decorations.
Step 5: Label Boxes
Label each box with the content details, such as “Icicle Lights – Living Room”, so you know what’s inside. This way, you won’t have to guess when it’s time to hang them back up next year! Additionally, you can write the date of purchase on each box so you know when to check for any burned out bulbs or frayed wires.
Step 6: Store in a Safe Place
Once all your boxes are labeled and securely taped shut, find a safe place to store them away until the holidays return. Make sure that wherever you choose is cool and dry and out of direct sunlight – this will help prevent any damage or fading of the lights during storage.
Step 7: Take Inventory
It’s also important to take inventory of your icicle lights before storing them away. Make a list of your lights and how many strings are in each box. This will make it easier to know exactly what needs to be replaced when the holidays return next year.
Step 8: Caring for Icicle Lights
To ensure your icicle lights stay in great condition, take extra steps to care for them over time. Avoid tangles or kinks by winding the strings into neat circles before storage, and never leave them plugged in for extended periods, as this can cause overheating. Be careful to avoid any excessive heat or cold, as this can also damage the string.
Step 9: Be Careful When Unpacking
When it comes time to unpack your icicle lights for the upcoming holiday season, handle them with care! Take extra caution while unpacking your lights, and check for any broken bulbs or frayed wires before plugging them in. Keep an eye out for any signs of damage that may have occurred while in storage.
Step 10: Enjoy Your Lights!
With your icicle lights stored away safely, you can relax and enjoy the holidays, knowing that your display will be picture-perfect when it’s time to decorate next year! Remembering to follow these steps will help ensure that your icicle lights stay in good condition so that you can enjoy them for many holidays. Always follow safety guidelines when using any type of lighting, and never leave your lights plugged in for extended periods.
Following these tips will make storing icicle lights easy and keep them safe until the holiday season comes around again. Now all that’s left is to enjoy the sparkly lights each winter – happy decorating!
5 Additional Tips and Tricks
1. Choose storage containers made of heavy-duty plastic, as these will provide extra protection from moisture and damage.
2. Wrap the icicle lights around a piece of cardboard before placing them in the container to ensure they don’t get tangled or knotted.
3. Place the bulbs in individual zipper bags and label each bag before putting them into the storage containers. This will make it easier to find the correct bulb when it comes time to hang up your icicle lights again next season!
4. Put two layers of newspaper between each layer of lights so they don’t bump against each other during storage – this prevents breakage and maintains their life span for years to come.
5. Finally, write down all the When storing icicle lights, make sure you keep the bulbs facing up to prevent any damage details of the lights, such as what type they are and how many strands you have stored. This will make it easier to refer back to when setting up your display for next year.
By following these simple storage tips and tricks for icicle lights, you can store them safely and efficiently until it’s time to enjoy their beauty again!
5 Things You Should Avoid
- Avoid using cardboard boxes when storing icicle lights, as the cardboard absorbs moisture and creates moisture damage.
- Never store your holiday lights outdoors, as this will increase their risk of being damaged by extreme weather conditions.
- Don’t leave exposed wires or plugs on your lights – wrap them up securely before you put them in storage containers to prevent any problems with short-circuiting.
- Do not hang up your icicle lights while they are still damp from rain or snow – let them air dry completely first so they don’t rust or corrode during storage time.
- Finally, never mix different holiday lights when storing – keep each type in its container so they don’t get intertwined and tangled.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you can ensure your holiday lights stay in great shape for years to come! With these tips and tricks in mind, you will surely have a stress-free storage experience with your icicle lights.
How Do You Hang Icicle Lights?
- Start by planning out where you want to hang your icicle lights – the more detailed you plan, the better the end result will be.
- Ensure that your electrical cords and plugs are securely connected and in good condition before beginning installation.
- Securely mount each light strand to a designated surface using hooks or nails, taking care not to over-tighten them as this can cause damage.
- When connecting multiple strands, make sure that both sets of plugs are properly connected and that all of their bulbs are facing in the same direction.
- Once everything is set up, turn on your power supply and test out all your lights to ensure they are working properly.
With a few simple steps, you can easily hang Icicle lights and make your home or business sparkle during the holiday season! Whether indoors or outdoors, these tips will help ensure your lighting display is as perfect as possible.
Storing and maintaining your icicle lights may seem daunting, but with a few simple steps, you can ensure that your lights will continue to serve you year after year. The main components for storing them are inspection for defects, a secure storage area, proper packaging of the lights, and checking cords for fraying before storage.
Taking time to wrap up your holiday decorations before storing them is important in ensuring safety and durability. Remember to have fun when hanging the lights, but always prioritize safety first! If you take care of your icicle lights properly, they will provide many hours of beautiful illumination all winter!
The article on how to store icicle lights was helpful and informative. With the above tips, you can now store your icicle lights safely and efficiently for years to come! Have fun decorating this holiday season!