Are you having trouble sleeping because of Ring camera’s annoying blue light? If you have a Ring camera, you know how helpful it can be for keeping an eye on your property and monitoring what’s going on in the home. But when it comes to nighttime security, there are some added measures that you can take to keep your home even more secure – including turning off the blue light feature of your camera.
By disabling this light, potential trespassers won’t be alerted to the fact that they are being captured on video footage should they attempt any criminal activities. In this guide, we will walk through exactly how to turn blue light off on ring camera so that you can enjoy complete peace of mind while away from home or sleeping at night. Keep reading to learn all about how you can switch the blue light mode off in no time!
Why Do You Need to Turn Blue Light Off on Ring Camera?
1. Reduce Crime
The blue light on a Ring camera can be an effective deterrent for potential burglars and other criminals. It serves as a warning that the homeowner is taking extra security measures to reduce crime in their area, so it’s important to keep this feature enabled if you don’t want intruders invading your property. However, there are times when the blue light might be more of an annoyance than a help.
2. Improve Sleep Quality
The blue light emitted from a Ring camera can cause sleep disruption if it’s kept on all night long. This isn’t ideal for anyone who’s trying to get some extra rest and relaxation, so it’s best to turn this feature off if you are having difficulty sleeping.
Before getting started, you’ll need to make sure that you have the following items on hand:
- A Ring camera
- The Ring app installed on your smartphone or tablet
- Reliable internet connection (WiFi or cellular data)
10 Ways How to Turn Blue Light Off on Ring Camera
1. Open the Ring App
The first step is to open up the Ring app on your smartphone or tablet device. Once you’ve done this, navigate to the ‘Devices’ tab and select the camera that you would like to configure. The app should provide you with a detailed view of the camera’s settings.
2. Select the ‘Blue Light’ Option
From here, select the ‘Blue Light’ option and then tap on the toggle switch to turn it off. The default setting is usually enabled, so make sure that you disable it if you want to reduce the amount of blue light that’s being emitted from your Ring camera.
3. Confirm the Change
Once you have disabled the ‘Blue Light’ option, you should confirm that this change has been applied by tapping on the ‘Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen. This will ensure that your Ring camera no longer emits a blue light and will now be completely dark.
4. Test the Camera
Finally, it’s always a good idea to test your Ring camera to ensure that it is working correctly. To do this, simply open up the app and view the live feed of your camera. If you can see an image in the preview window, then everything is set up properly, and you should be able to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep without being disturbed by the blue light of your camera.
Following these steps should help you turn off the blue light on your Ring camera and make sure that it’s not a disturbance while you’re trying to sleep at night. Remember, this is an important security measure for your home that can help reduce crime and improve the safety of your property.
8 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Turning Off the Blue Light on Your Ring Camera
1. Not updating your device. It’s always important to make sure that you have the latest version of your app and software installed before making any major changes. Make sure the camera is updated before attempting to turn off the blue light.
2. Not checking for any updates from Ring first. As Ring pushes out updates, they may change how the blue light works. Making sure to check for any new updates from Ring first will save you time and hassle when turning off the blue light.
3. Assuming your ring camera has a blue light feature. Not all ring cameras have the same features, and some don’t even have a blue light feature. Before attempting to turn off the blue light, make sure your camera has this feature.
4. Not resetting your camera after turning off the blue light. If you’ve already turned off the blue light and you want to reset it, you need to do a hard reset of the camera in order for it to take effect.
5. Turning off the blue light without checking your camera settings. It’s important to check your specific camera settings before attempting to turn off the blue light. This will ensure that you are turning off the right feature on your camera.
6. Not understanding how motion detection works with a blue light on or off. The ring cameras have different levels of motion detection when the blue light is on or off. Make sure to understand how this works in order to get the most out of your camera.
7. Turning off the blue light and forgetting about it. The ring cameras are designed to be easy to use, but they still need maintenance and upkeep just like any other device. Don’t forget to occasionally check your settings and make sure the blue light is working as it should be.
8. Not using the Ring app to turn off the blue light. The ring app is designed to give you full control over your camera’s settings, including turning off the blue light. Make sure you use this app instead of manually changing the setting on your camera if possible.
By following these steps, you can easily turn off the blue light on your Ring camera and enjoy the full functionality of the device. Make sure to be aware of any updates from Ring and check your settings for any changes when turning off the blue light. With a few simple steps, you can get the most out of your Ring camera and ensure it’s working as intended.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Cover the Blue Light Off on Ring Camera?
Yes, you can cover the blue light off on your Ring Camera. You will need a piece of opaque material, such as black electrical tape or some other covering to place over the blue light in order to dim or turn off the light completely.
If you are looking for something more permanent, you can also unscrew and remove the camera’s faceplate to make sure no light can escape. Whichever option you choose, make sure to take extra care when handling and adjusting your Ring Camera in order to avoid any potential damage.
What Are the Benefits of Turning Off the Blue Light on My Ring Camera?
Turning off or dimming the blue light on your Ring Camera can provide a number of benefits, including improved privacy and security. By eliminating the blue light, you can reduce the visibility of your camera and make it more difficult for potential intruders to spot your device.
Additionally, turning off or dimming the blue light can also help keep your footage clear since bright lights from outside sources will not interfere with its performance.
Should I Physically Unscrew My Camera’s Faceplate to Turn Off the Blue Light?
This is an option that you can consider if you are looking for a more permanent solution. However, before doing so, make sure to check your Ring Camera’s user manual, as this may void any warranties or guarantee agreements. Additionally, make sure to take extra care when unscrewing and handling the camera in order to avoid any damage or potential risks.
With these steps on how to turn blue light off on ring camera, you can easily turn it off the Blue Light on your Ring Camera and start using it in privacy mode. Remember to always take extra precautionary measures to ensure your security and safety.
You can run additional safety features for your Ring Camera from the official app store or contact Ring’s support page if you have any questions. By taking these simple steps, you will be able to make sure that when your device is on, no one else is watching you or invading your personal space.
Do not forget to inspect and review all of the settings every few months for any changes that occur as cameras are regularly updated to improve user experience. Taking advantage of the option to turn off the Blue Light on your Ring Camera will ensure you stay safe while having peace of mind knowing no one is peering into your home.
So do not wait any longer; go ahead and turn off the Blue Light today with easy instructions, and use it freely and safely!